Debbie B. Rice Memorial Scholarship
Alabama Educational Technology Association announces a $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a public high school senior enrolled in a school system with a delegate member in this organization. Seeking graduating seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in both non-school sponsored and extracurricular school activities. The recipient must attend an accredited college/university or technical school located in the state of Alabama.
To apply for the Debbie B. Rice Memorial Scholarship click here.
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
* Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and plan to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college/university or technical school pursuing a degree in IT or related field
* Application must be accompanied by an essay (guidelines listed under item 11 of the application)
* One page resume’ (attachments are allowed for activities, honors and service)
* Two letters of recommendation as to your character and your ability to meet your scholastic and community responsibilities – one must be from principal/counselor
* Applicant must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are a qualified applicant for this scholarship program
* Application deadline is November 1, 2016, by 4:00 p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
If you have any questions contact Barbara Burchard, Scholarship Chair.
Confirmation receipt of the application will be sent. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the application arrived on time.
The applications will be reviewed and recipient of the scholarship selected by a committee of volunteers. The scholarship will be awarded at AETA Winter Meeting in Montgomery.
QUALIFICATIONS: To qualify for this scholarship, students must:
• Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
• Apply for the 2017-2018 academic year at one of the WACE Partner Institutions listed.
Applicants must be current high school seniors or transfer students
INSTRUCTIONS: Please complete the National Co-op Scholarship Program Application including a (200 word) essay describing why you have chosen to pursue a college cooperative education program.
If you are downloading application to submit by mail, please mail it to:
600 Suffolk Street, Suite 503
Lowell, MA 01854
For General Questions, please contact: Marty Ford at Marty_Ford@uml.edu
We do not require transcripts or recommendations. (Please do not send.)
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED
WACE encourages minority and female students as well as students interested in science, mathematics, engineering and technology (SMET) to apply for this merit co-op scholarship.
Please note the selection of scholarship winners is decided by each partner institution.
ALL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BETWEEN MARCH AND MAY OF 2017