The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
Beta State (Alabama)
Delta Omicron Chapter
Rules and Regulations for the 2018 Competition
A. Each applicant must:
1. Be female
2. Be a graduating senior
3. Have exhibited an aptitude and desire for a career in education
4. Realize that the Grant-in-Aid will be awarded when the applicant provides proof of enrollment in the school of education. (Usually during their junior year).
5. Be aware that the award will expire 4 years from the date of the award.
II. To be submitted:
1. Application form.
2. An essay, approximately 250 words describing why you are choosing teaching as a profession.
3. Transcript of grades, credits, ACT or SAT test scores
4. A recent photograph will be required for publication purposes.
III. Every item of the data described above must be submitted together before the deadline in order for the application to be considered. ALL APPLICATION ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE ENVELOPE by 3:00, April 19, 2018, to the President of Delta Omicron Chapter, Kelly Whittington, room 102 at PCHS.
The University of Alabama is committed to the mission of advancing the intellectual and social capital of our state. We know that financial assistance is important in the college-decision process and is key to helping your students reach their educational and career goals.
With this in mind, we have expanded our scholarship offer for those students with an ACT score of 30-31 or new SAT score of 1390-1440 and a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher. Students who qualify will now receive a Presidential Scholarship for the full value of tuition in place of the previously awarded Foundation in Excellence Scholarship valued at $8,000 per year plus a $2,000 housing award for one year, or $34,000 over four years.
Currently, the Presidential Scholarship is valued at $43,120 over four years and will adjust if tuition increases. Should you have a student with questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 348-8201.