- Freshman - Never attended college or if you only attended college while you were in high school.
- Transfer - Attended a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. This does not apply to dual enrollment students.
- Jump Start Dual Enrollment - Jump Start is a dual enrollment program for high school students only. Students completing dual enrollment classes receive both high school and college credit. The courses available are determined by a contract with the high school.
- International - Attended high school/college outside the United States.
- Transient/Non-Degree Seeking - Non-degree seeking students taking courses for personal enrichment and / or to transfer to the institution where the degree is being pursued.
- Returning - Attended JSU and earned credit but have not attended the past 2 semesters.
Meet Our StudentsInternational student Maya Nora-Saaid and others share their JSU experiences.Important DatesFall 2019 Preferred Admissions Application Period
August 10, 2018 - August 10, 2019
Fall 2020 Preferred Admissions Application Period
August 15, 2019 - August 1, 2020
2019-2020 Preferred FAFSA Application Period
October 1, 2018 - December 1, 2018
2020-2021 Preferred FAFSA Application Period
October 1, 2019 - February 1, 2020
Fall 2019 Preferred Housing Application Period
October 1, 2018 - May 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Preferred Housing Application Period
October 1, 2019 - April 1, 2020
Upcoming Preview Days
September 7 & October 5, 2019
Accepted Students Days
Spring 2020 (Dates will be announced Fall 2019)
2019-2020 Competitive Scholarship Application Period
October 1, 2018 - March 1, 2019
2020-2021 Competitive Scholarship Application Period
September 1, 2019 - February 1, 2020