yFirst of all, our scholarship deadline has changed to December 1. We will require students to apply for admissions, be accepted and apply for the scholarships through our new scholarship system by December 1 in order to be considered for any scholarship. We will continue to superscore ACT/SAT scores but must have all scores in by the December 1 deadline to consider an applicant for an award.
All scholarships are now competitive and are no longer awarded automatically. An essay will be required for the Millennium and Chancellor’s scholarship applicants and a resume will be required of all Leadership Scholarship applicants. The academic requirements for the Millennium Scholars, Chancellor’s and Excellence in Leadership scholarships will remain the same, but the values and quantities of each scholarship are limited.
· Millennium Scholar’s Award: Valued at $11,000-$15,000 annually
· Chancellor’s Scholarship: Valued at $7,000-$10,000 annually
· Excellence in Leadership: Valued at $1,000- $4,000 annually
What are college preview days? These are days when colleges want you to visit their campuses. These are great opportunities to get a feel what everyday campus life is like!
September 23 (Saturday) - Middle Tennessee State University Preview Day - http://www.mtsu.edu/schedule-a-visit/special-events.php
October 14 (Saturday) - Jacksonville State Preview Day - http://www.jsu.edu/admissions/preview-day/index.html
October 14 (Saturday) - Auburn University Montgomery Saturday Tour - http://www.aum.edu/admissions/campusevents
October 21 (Saturday) - Auburn University Montgomery Warhawk Welcome - http://www.aum.edu/admissions/campusevents
November 4 (Saturday) - Middle Tennessee State University Preview Day - http://www.mtsu.edu/schedule-a-visit/special-events.php
November 11 (Saturday) - University of North Alabama Preview Day - https://www.una.edu/previewday/index.html
December 2 (Saturday) - Auburn University Montgomery Saturday Tour - http://www.aum.edu/admissions/campusevents
February 3 (Saturday) - Auburn University Montgomery Saturday Tour - http://www.aum.edu/admissions/campusevents
March 3 (Saturday) - Jacksonville State Preview Day - http://www.jsu.edu/admissions/preview-day/index.html
March 24 (Saturday) - Auburn University Montgomery Warhawk Welcome - http://www.aum.edu/admissions/campusevents
Alabama A&M – High School Senior Day – Not Yet Available
Alabama University Days – http://universitydays.ua.edu/
Alabama Group Tours - https://gobama.ua.edu/visits/group-tours/
ASU Connection Day - http://www.alasu.edu/admissions/index.aspx
Auburn Preview Day - http://www.auburn.edu/admissions/preview/
Auburn War Eagle Day - http://www.auburn.edu/admissions/wed/
Calhoun Tours - http://www.calhoun.edu/student-resources/campus-tours
JSU Preview Day - http://www.jsu.edu/admissions/preview-day/index.html
Montevallo - http://www.montevallo.edu/previewday/
MTSU Preview Days - http://www.mtsu.edu/schedule-a-visit/special-events.php
Troy Trojan Day - http://www.troy.edu/admissions/undergraduate/visiting-troy-campus.html
Tuskegee Open House - https://www.tuskegee.edu/admissions-aid
TSU Preview Day - http://www.tnstate.edu/admissions/visit.aspx
UAB Day - http://www.uab.edu/students/admissions/visit/uab-day
UAH Charger Preview Day - http://www.uah.edu/admissions/undergraduate/upcoming-events
UWA Preview Day - http://www.uwa.edu/previewday/
USA Day - http://southalabama.edu/departments/admissions/usaday.html
The FAFSA Portal will open up on Sunday, October 1 this year! Be prepared! This video will help you!
What Information Do I Need When I Fill Out the FAFSA for 2017-18?
Here's a checklist!
You should have the following information and documents with you as you fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
-Completed FAFSA ID Login and Password
- Your Social Security Number
- You parents' Social Security numbers if you are providing parent information*
- Your parents' dates of birth and marriage anniversary or divorce date if you are providing parent information*
- Your driver's license number if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information or tax returns** including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are providing parent information
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are providing parent information
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are providing parent information
*Not sure whether you will need to put your parents' information on the FAFSA? Check out "Am I Dependent or Independent?" Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
**If you complete your taxes before filling out your FAFSA online, you might be able to have your tax information automatically retrieved from the Internal Revenue Service and inserted in your FAFSA. The FAFSA will walk you through the process.