- Read the “Help and Hints” located on the right side of any FAFSA entry page. (The hints change depending on what question you’re on.)
- Click “Need Help?” at the bottom of any FAFSA entry page (in other words, any page where you’re entering information into the application).
- Chat (in English or Spanish) with live technical support staff by clicking the “Help” icon with the big question mark at the top of any FAFSA entry page, and then selecting "Contact Us," "Federal Student Aid Information Center," and "Chat With Us."
- Contact the financial aid office at the college or career school you plan to attend.
- For details about the purpose of FAFSA questions and how information should be reported in some unusual cases, try our guide called Completing the FAFSA.
If you need help filling out the FAFSA, use these free tools: